* Information Collection
By using any site operated by Cyberity you agree to the Legal Notice of Cyberity set out below. This Legal Notice intended to ensure the privacy of personal information collected by Cyberity and, as a minimum, comply with the requirements of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and the National Privacy Principles that operate in Australia.
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use personal information about you and others. If we are not provided with all the personal information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services.
When you look at any web site operated by Cyberity we make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes – the user’s server address, the user’s top level domain name, the pages visited, the duration of each session, the date and time of visit to the site, and where a visitor goes once they have left the site. We also collect specific personal information from those who choose to give registration details for our web sites, circulation details for our magazines, and other information (including e-mail addresses).
We do not normally collect or store ‘sensitive information’, as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (eg. information about ethnic origin, religious beliefs or health). However, where we are required to and it is practicable to do so, we will seek your consent before collecting your sensitive information and inform you of the purpose at the same time.
* Information We Automatically Collect
We may automatically collect behavioural and usage information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links and advertisements you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with Cyberity websites and services. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to come to our website, such as your IP address, device identifier, location data, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and the URL to which you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site
* Information We Collect When Providing Services
We may obtain personal information in the course of providing Managed Security Services to our corporate customers (such as IP addresses, MAC addresses, user names, email addresses, client contact information). Cyberity is the controller of any personal information contained within records or logs of security events (“Security Event Data”) that are identified and collected during the provision of Managed Security Services. If you work for a corporate customer that uses our Managed Security Services, it is possible that personal information about you may be contained in Security Event Data processed by Cyberity. We will use such information for the purpose of providing the Managed Security Services and in order to develop, enhance and/or improve our security services and the products and services we offer and provide to our customers. We will comply with applicable laws in respect of any personal information contained within the Security Event Data and will ensure we have in place measures to safeguard such information to the standard required by law.
* Information under law
Cyberity may be required to collect personal information under the Telecommunications Act 1997 and laws made under it. Information relating to an individual or a communication to which an individual is party, may be required to be collected under the ‘data retention’ provisions of the Telecommunications (Interception and Access) Act 1979 (‘Data Retention Law’).
Data Retention Law information includes subscriber and account details, telecommunication device details, the source and destination of the communications, the date and time of communications and connections, the type of communication or service and location details
* How we store personal information
Access to personal information is limited to those of our personnel who specifically need it to carry out their business responsibilities.
We take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold about you and to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Any personal information you provide to us, or collected from you, electronically is stored on secure servers and encrypted where required under the Data Retention Law. Our employees are contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We also maintain physical security procedures to manage and protect the use and storage of records containing personal information.
* How We Use Personal Information
Cyberity may use your Personal Information to:
- Deliver the products, solutions, services and support, or carry out the transaction you have requested;
- Send communications to you about products and services available from Cyberity and its subsidiaries, including information about particular Cyberity programs in which you or your company has chosen to participate, as well as events, promotional offers and surveys;
- Facilitate communications from Cyberity Business Partners;
- Customize, analyse and improve our products, solutions, services (including the content and advertisements on our website to identify usage trends or determine the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Better understand our customers and online users, including profiling based on interest and interactions with our site;
- Personalize content and implement your preferences;
- Enforce our contracts with customers and website terms and conditions;
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- Protect the security or integrity of our websites, our businesses and our products or services; or
- Perform other functions or serve other purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection, or as required or permitted by law.
The Cyberity head office is situated in 41 Waterloo Rd Macquarie Park, Sydney, NSW 2113, Australia